1000 County Road 8
Farmington, New York
Phone: 315-986-8100 Option 1
Cell: 585-355-0256 (emergencies ONLY please)
Deputy Town Clerks
Our hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday-8am-4:30pm
Wednesday 8:00 am to 7:00 p.m.
LICENSES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Puppies by four (4) months of age, rabies shots must be administered by three (3) months of age
- Older dogs within ten (10) days of adoption
- Report status changes in writing within ten (10) days
- Maximum of three (3) dogs per property in the Town of Farmington, without obtaining a variance.
- Citizens over 65 years of age are eligible for a senior discount on the dog license.
- Multiple year (1, 2, & 3 year) dog licensing is available; we cannot exceed the rabies vaccination expiration date.
- Report animals (domestic or feral) acting as though they might be rabid to Ontario County Humane Society at 585-396-4590 (Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM) or after regular business hours to 911. They will need to know the location and general direction of the animal to capture it.
- If your animal comes in contact with a rabid animal, contact your veterinarian to see if your pet needs a booster on its rabies vaccination.
- If your animal has any of the bodily fluids of the rabid animal on it, ask your veterinarian or Public Health how to clean your pet so no one in your family becomes contaminated with rabies.
There is no application needed prior to licensing a dog, just bring proof of rabies and if the dog has been spade or neutered to the Town Clerks Office.
- Unaltered dogs: $25.00 per year
- Senior citizen (65 & over): $18.00 per year
- Spayed/neutered dogs: $16.00 per year
- Senior citizen (65 & over): $9.00 per year
Ontario County Humane Society, 585-396-4590, handles stray dogs, dog bites, and inhumane animal treatment reports.
Nuisance problems with neighbor's dogs, which cannot be settled between the neighbors, are handled through the Town Court. Complete a deposition (available at the Building Department, Town Clerks office and under forms on website), have it notarized and file with the Town Court.
For more information visit: http://www.agmkt.state.ny.us
Are you looking to obtain a marriage license in the State of New York? You can apply for a marriage license at any muncipal clerk's office in New York State. The following information shall be provided to the municipal clerk at the time of appliation:
- Both parties must be present to apply for the marriage license
- Both parties must be at least 18 years of age
- Original birth certificates (or certified copy) with a raised seal
- Photo identification -- driver's license or a passport is acceptable
- If previously married, original divorce degree(s) or original annulment papers signed by a judge must be presented for each marriage ending in a divorce (must have a file date)
- If previously married and the spouse is now deceased, an original copy with a raised seal of the death certificate must be presented
The license must be applied for a minimum of 24 hours prior to the ceremony and is valid for 60 days.
The license application process takes up to 30 minutes. Applicants are requested to arrive at the Town Clerk's office before 3pm to obtain a Marriage License.
The fee for obtaining a Marriage License is $40.00.
For more information visit: http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/married.htm
For more information visit: http://www.dec.ny.gov
MARK YOUR CALENDARS - TOWN CLEAN UP DATES -
THE FALL CLEANUP WILL BE OCTOBER 15th from 8 am to 6 pm AND OCTOBER 16th from 8 am to 3 pm. For more information click on the Highway tab located on the left side.
We have been notified that there are peddlers in the Farmington Grove Area, our Code Enforcement Officer has gone over to investigate. There are no peddlers permits issued at this time. 4/1/2021