LICENSES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Puppies by four (4) months of age, rabies shots must be administered by three (3) months of age
- Older dogs within ten (10) days of adoption
- Report status changes in writing within ten (10) days
- Maximum of three (3) dogs per property in the Town of Farmington, without obtaining a variance.
- Citizens over 65 years of age are eligible for a senior discount on the dog license.
- Multiple year (1, 2, & 3 year) dog licensing is available; we cannot exceed the rabies vaccination expiration date.
- Report animals (domestic or feral) acting as though they might be rabid to Ontario County Humane Society at 585-396-4590 (Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM) or after regular business hours to 911. They will need to know the location and general direction of the animal to capture it.
- If your animal comes in contact with a rabid animal, contact your veterinarian to see if your pet needs a booster on its rabies vaccination.
- If your animal has any of the bodily fluids of the rabid animal on it, ask your veterinarian or Public Health how to clean your pet so no one in your family becomes contaminated with rabies.
There is no application needed prior to licensing a dog, just bring proof of rabies and if the dog has been spade or neutered to the Town Clerks Office.
- Unaltered dogs: $30.00 per year
- Senior citizen (65 & over): $22.00 per year
- Spayed/neutered dogs: $20.00 per year
- Senior citizen (65 & over): $12.00 per year
*****PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE OVER 65 TO RECIEVE YOUR SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNT ON DOGS.
Ontario County Humane Society, 585-396-4590, handles stray dogs, dog bites, and inhumane animal treatment reports.
Dog Complaints and Nuisance problems with neighbor's dogs, which cannot be settled between the neighbors, are handled through the Town Court. Complete a deposition (available at the Building Department, Town Clerks office and under forms on website), have it notarized and file with the Town Court.
2023 FREE RABIES VACCINATION CLINICS
Ontario County Public Health is offering
2023 Free Rabies Vaccination Clinics at
Ontario County Publics Works Building
2962 County Road 48
The Following Saturday`s in 2023:
February 25th, April 29th, June 17th, August 5th,
September 16th, and October 28th.
9AM -12 NOON
Clinics are free but donations are appreciated
Pets must be on a leash or in a carrier, please bring past Rabies Vac. Certificates, if any.
Ontario County Public Health 585-396-4343
For more information visit: http://www.agmkt.state.ny.us
Are you looking to obtain a marriage license in the State of New York? You can apply for a marriage license at any muncipal clerk's office in New York State. The following information shall be provided to the municipal clerk at the time of appliation:
- Both parties must be present to apply for the marriage license
- Both parties must be at least 18 years of age
- Original birth certificates (or certified copy) with a raised seal
- Photo identification -- driver's license or a passport is acceptable
- If previously married, original divorce degree(s) or original annulment papers signed by a judge must be presented for each marriage ending in a divorce (must have a file date)
- If previously married and the spouse is now deceased, an original copy with a raised seal of the death certificate must be presented
The license must be applied for a minimum of 24 hours prior to the ceremony and is valid for 60 days.
The license application process takes up to 30 minutes. Applicants are requested to arrive at the Town Clerk's office before 3pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) and 5pm on Wednesdays to obtain a Marriage License.
The fee for obtaining a Marriage License is $40.00.
For more information visit: http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/married.htm
For more information visit: http://www.dec.ny.gov