Home Town Board
About the Supervisor
Supervisor News Releases
Contact Us
Supervisor / Town Board
Town Board Agendas & resolutions
Town Board Minutes
Planning Board Agendas
Planning Board Minutes
Zoning Board Agendas
Zoning Board Minutes
Agricultural Advisory Minutes
Farmland Protection Plan Advisory Committee
Recreation Commission Minutes
Conservation Board Minutes
Historical Preservation Minutes
Comprehensive Plan Update
Meetings / Agendas / Minutes
Public Announcements
New Development
Site Design Critera / Application/Forms
Comprehensive & Recreation Master  Plan
Planning Board
Zoning Board
Contact us
 Planning /Building/ Zoning Dept.
Recreation Programs
Events Calendar
Photo Gallery
Summer Recreation
Farmington Parks Calendars
Contact Information
Recreation Department
Applications & Regulations
Annual Water Quality Report
Water & Sewer Rates
Sewer Treatment Plant
Contact Us
Water & Sewer
MS4 Storm Water Managment Info.
Cornell Roads Program
Frequently Used Forms & Schedules
Contact us
Making A Payment?
Park Reservations
Links & Forms
Contact us
Town Clerk
Frequently Used Forms & Instructions
Contact us
Contact Us
Auburn Trail Study
Farmland Protection Committee
Park Planning Advisory Committee
Important links
Contact us
Town Court
Historic Preservation Commission
Historical Society
Services, Other Boards ETC;

Farmington Mailing Lists:
Select Office you would like to receive information from.

* indicates a required field



1000 County Road 8
Farmington, New York

Phone:   315-986-8100
Fax:        315-986-4377

Cell: 585-355-0256 (emergencies only please)

Email:   townclerk@townoffarmingtonny.com

Deputy Town Clerks

Sarah Mitchell
Jennifer Goodell

Office Hours

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
8:00AM to 7:00PM

Closed Holidays



  1. Puppies by four (4) months of age, rabies shots must be administered by three (3) months of age
  2. Older dogs within ten (10) days of adoption
  3. Report status changes in writing within ten (10) days
  4. Maximum of three (3) dogs per property in the Town of Farmington, without obtaining a variance.
  5. Citizens over 65 years of age are eligible for a senior discount on the dog license.
  6. Multiple year (1, 2, & 3 year) dog licensing is available; we cannot exceed the rabies vaccination expiration date.



  1. Report animals (domestic or feral) acting as though they might be rabid to Ontario County Humane Society at 585-396-4590 (Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM) or after regular business hours to 911.  They will need to know the location and general direction of the animal to capture it.
  2. If your animal comes in contact with a rabid animal, contact your veterinarian to see if your pet needs a booster on its rabies vaccination.
  3. If your animal has any of the bodily fluids of the rabid animal on it, ask your veterinarian or Public Health how to clean your pet so no one in your family becomes contaminated with rabies.

 There is no application needed prior to licensing a dog, just bring proof of rabies and if the dog has been spade or neutered to the Town Clerks Office.


  1. Unaltered dogs:                                   $21.00 per year
    1. Senior citizen (65 & over):         $15.50 per year
  2. Spayed/neutered dogs:                         $13.00 per year
    1. Senior citizen (65 & over):          $5.00 per year

Ontario County Humane Society, 585-396-4590, handles stray dogs, dog bites, and inhumane animal treatment reports.


Nuisance problems with neighbor's dogs, which cannot be settled between the neighbors, are handled through the Town Court.  Complete a deposition (available at the Building Department, Town Clerks office and under forms on website), have it notarized and file with the Town Court.


For more information visit:  http://www.agmkt.state.ny.us



A person is required to establish proof of age and identity by submitting to the issuing clerk:

One of the following age-related documents:

  1. Original birth certificate with raised seal, or certified copy
  2. Baptismal record
  3. Naturalization record
  4. Census record

and one of the following photo identifications:

1.  Photo Drivers License

2.  Valid Passport

3. Green Card or Naturalization Papers

4.  Military Photo ID

5.  Employers Photo ID (need to call employer to verify)

Previous Marriages

Information regarding previous marriages must be furnished in the application for a marriage license. This includes whether the former spouse or spouses are living, and whether the applicants are divorced and, if so, when, where and against whom the divorce or divorces were granted. A certified copy of the Decree of Divorce or a Certificate of Dissolution of Marriage may be required by the clerk issuing the marriage license.

The fee for obtaining a Marriage License is $35.00.

 For more information visit:  http://www.health.state.ny.us/vital_records/married.htm



For more information visit:  http://www.dec.ny.gov





 Town Clerk 
Peddler Permit Issued to Finger Lakes Gaming and Racing

A Peddlers Permit was issued to Finger Lakes Gaming and Racing for an event their having on their property on August 23 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.  There willl be no door to door sales

Next Meeting: September 9th at the Farmington Town Hall meeting room from 11 am to 1pm. We will have a speaker.  The Legacy provides the meal. The meeting is open to ALL Veterans and spouses/widows. Representatives from Veteran Services and Canandaigua VA/Veterans benefits will be present to answer questions. Monthly meetings are hosted by the Vietnam War Commemorative Committee.

The above pictures were taken on Veterans Day meet and greet of local Vietnam Era Veterans at the Mertensia Lodge. Thanks to the volunteer committee. "The Town of Farmington is not a part of, or endorsed by, the Department of Defense."


Town of Farmington
1000 County Road #8
Farmington, NY 14425


Highway & Parks Department
985 Hook Road

Farmington, NY 14425


Water & Sewer Department
1216 McMahon Road
Victor, NY 14564